~ Empower. Inspire. Encourage. Innovate. Enhance. ~ Autorizar. Inspirar. Animar. Innovar. Realzar.~


A little closet cleaning if you please



Sitting back and looking over the things I have acquired in my life, I realize I have a lot! And when I say a lot I mean A LOT! I have spoiled myself in many ways.

Since my trip to Guatemala, I have become a bit more humble and more aware of just how much “stuff” I have and just how much “stuff” I need and don’t need to live.

We could debate it is my right to have all this “stuff” or that it is my right to do with my “stuff” but I do not wish to debate what we all know. I do, however, have a wish and that is open my heart up and share it with people who are less fortunate than I…

Jules Jewels
My winter wish is to return to Guatemala, in January, to do more service work and keep myself grounded and humble. I don’t want to become complacent and arrogant about the blessings in my life.

I know what is important, I believe myself a wealthy woman, and extremely blessed with the fortunate of having been born in a free country, to devoted loving parents. I have a beautiful loving sister, with a beautiful loving family. I have devoted, brilliant, beautiful, loving, children that I could not be more proud of. I have the Lord in my life. I have peace in my heart. I have my health; health insurance and good nutrition have afforded me this. I have the best most wonderful friends and extended family on earth. I have a home, car, job, cutest little puppy ever, and many, many, many other things.

One of my not so needed things is my double-double closet overflowing with glamorous outfits I have acquired from Maurice’s. Yes I love every outfit I ever purchased; every suit, dress, top, skirt, sweater, jacket, scarf, purse, heel, boot, sandal, belt, necklace, bracelet, earring, ring…EVERYTHING.

Jules Shoes
The bottom line for me is, I visited homes in Guatemala where woman are forced to make decisions like; where am I going to live, what am I going to eat, what are my children going to eat and, I realized that damn closet means nothing to me.


Yes, we all know I like to dress up and put cute, what girly-girl doesn’t? But, it doesn’t mean anything to me when I sit back and look at the tags hanging on unworn clothes and reflect back over the women I met in Guatemala.

Seriously, I need to do something about this. So I have decided it is time to clean out my closet and rid myself of some of these “things.”

I have decided to open up my closet to you my dear friends. My plan is to auction off every item I have in my closet. I have spent the last week putting these items together. In the coming days I will begin posting items for your bidding pleasure.

Jules Outfits
I have set up a PayPal account for your convenience. Every cent that is collected from my 'Closet Cleaning' is going to be donated to three organizations in Guatemala. The organizations are Common Hope, As Green As It Gets and Safe Passage. You can click on the names to read more about them. 

Ultimately, what I would like to see happen is women in this area be able to wear some of these fabulous barely worn clothes, knowing they purchased them to help other women less fortunate somewhere else. It's a gift that keeps on giving.

Stayed tuned!



No comments: