~ Empower. Inspire. Encourage. Innovate. Enhance. ~ Autorizar. Inspirar. Animar. Innovar. Realzar.~


Too work too work!!



Hiking Pacaya 2010


As summer comes to a close and fall begins putting a chill in the air and gorgeous colors in the trees; I have begun to feel the pressure to get my trip in order.  Since, May when Pacaya erupted in Guatemala, I have had an overwhelming urge to go back and visit the very volcano I had been on.


I have taken the fall semester off from college, to work, and have the time to focus on organizing my trip. Each week I have goals of certain tasks that need to be completed in order for me to go.


Last week, I set the departure date, I am so excited. January 4, 2011, I will make my way back to Guatemala. I am planning of being gone for fourteen days. I am not going to lie, I am nervous, as this time I will be traveling alone. There’s so much work involved. I have a great appreciation for everything that Kathleen and Ellen went through organizing our group last spring.


This week, I have been working hard at creating my blog. I want to be able to share every experience with you all while I am there. This is part of my dream job; traveling abroad to do volunteer work in a third world country spreading the message through my gift to write.

I spent four years working in fundraising at Colby and until the other night when a friend inquired I had not thought about creating a way to accept online donations.  I am pleased to say that I learned how to create a PayPal button to accept online donations and have it now on my blog page. Thank you Jackson!


I have also been studying Spanish.  Many of you know I work at Applebee’s in Waterville. I love working there. We have a lot of fun and the other night I attempted to say something in Spanish. One of cooks leaned out the window, smiling at me saying, “Umm I am sure you meant something else.” Realizing, what I said and what I meant, I blushed and walked away thinking girl you’ve got a long way to go!

If you have a moment check out yesterday’s message as the list of items needed can be found there, or check out the new PayPal button and make a donation if you like, your help would be greatly appreciated.

That's all for now. Have a great day!

No comments: