~ Empower. Inspire. Encourage. Innovate. Enhance. ~ Autorizar. Inspirar. Animar. Innovar. Realzar.~


As one journey comes to an end another is set to begin


As the backpacks for Nica ’11 comes to a close plans to repeat this fantastic project have already been set into motion, and a sense of pride fills my soul. 

Together we were able to accomplish a project that was merely just a dream…


-I do hope you will stay tuned for the deliverance of the letters to the American students from the Nicaraguan students.-


We put 48 back packs into the hands of 48 children in 2 countries. We bound 2 worlds together forming a friendship through pen pal writing.


The students of the Vassalboro Community School received 24 backpacks and wrote to the students at La Escuela de Panama, the Panama students received their 24 backpacks and wrote back. As my Spanish improves my ability to share our education system, culture, language and so much more will improve, thus bring a further closeness between Nicaraguan students and Maine students.


I am excited to announce that starting today and running until March 23, 2012 I will be accepting donations for the back packs for Nica ’12.


We have four months to fill a suitcase I will be carrying to Nicaragua next March.

What goes in a back pack?
1-composition notebook
1- Blue ink pens
1- Black ink pens
1- Red ink pens
2- Pencils
1- Pink eraser
1- Box of colored crayons
1- Highlighter
1 -Pair of scissors
1-Glue stick
1-Ruler
1 -Bar of soap
1-Tube of toothpaste (new items this trip)
1-Toothbrush (new items this trip)

I am accepting items or monetary donations you will find a PayPal button featured on the top right hand corner of my blog.  (coming soon)


I am in search of yet another fabulous classroom in Maine to make a contribution to once again, therefore if you are a teacher, or know a teacher who might be interested in partnering up send their contact information my way. 


If you are into soaps handmade, homemade, earth friendly creations and are interested in making a donation please contact me immediately. I am looking for 50 bars…I discovered an amazing website that is all about hand washing and I have downloaded a packet to bring to the schools; in English and Spanish that shows how to wash your hands and why it is so important.


If you are in the dental business and make healthy mouths your profession and would like to contribute toothbrushes and toothpaste please contact me as again I am looking for 50.


If you have followed my past trips you know that volcanic ash and acid rain is a huge problem in the remote village I have been volunteering. These beautiful children are physically plagued by; asthma, runny noses, coughs, colds, runny eyes, red and yellow eyes, and brown stained teeth. I may not possess the cure for the environmental issues or the health issues that face these kiddos but I am going to utilize the resources within my reach to aid them in a healthy life style.


I am excited to embark on yet another amazing fundraising mission with all of you as my support network. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Thank you <3




As Told By Jules: Journeys in Central America and beyond



No comments: